Q. 4 B5.0( 1 Vote )
Why do millions of people turn off their lights on Earth Hour at 8:30pm (20:30 local time) on last Saturday of march every year?
Every year on this date we switch off lights on earth hour 8:30 to 9:30. This is an initiate towards saving electricity and also spreading awareness among people that resources are scarce and we need to save it.
As together being united, we can save electricity.
Rate this question :
Why do millions of people turn off their lights on Earth Hour at 8:30pm (20:30 local time) on last Saturday of march every year?Tamilnadu - Science Term-3
Coal, petrol, diesel and LPG are the fuels used by now. If they are harnessed completely we would be running short of fuels for cooking and using vehicles and working of factories in our near future. So, we need alternative sources of energy. As young scientist suggests a source of alternative.Tamilnadu - Science Term-3
Fill in the blanks:
1. The expansion of LPG is ___________.
2. LPG is stored in _____________ form in the gas cylinder.
3. The expansion of CNG is _________________.
4. The chief element in coal is _______________.
5. Natural gas contains mainly ___________________.
6. Heating in the absence of air is called _______________.
7. ______________ is the primary source of energy.
8. The coal obtained in Neyveli is _________.
9. The process of separating individual liquids, from the mixture of liquids which differ in their boiling point is called _____________.
10. ___________ is used as a reducing agent in steel manufacturing.Tamilnadu - Science Term-3
Find the relevant pair:
a) Coal – coal gas; petroleum –
b) LPG – propane and butane; natural gas
c) Diesel – petroleum; bio diesel-Tamilnadu - Science Term-3
which of these is a fossil fuel?Tamilnadu - Science Term-3