Q. 83.7( 6 Votes )
Why did West Asia
The region between Asia and Europe is described as West Asia or the Middle East. The conflict between Arabs and Jews is mainly on the occupation of Palestine region.
1. The Arabs inhabited the Palestine region which was under the control of Britain after the Second World War.
2. Jerusalem the holy city for Jews, Christians, and Muslims is situated here. Jews considered Palestine as their promised city from which they were exiled in the past.
3. When the conflict came to a head in Germany under the Nazis, the Jews were killed and jailed.
4. In 1947, the United Nations passed a resolution according to which Palestine was divided into two parts - Arab and Jewish States. But Arabs did not accept Israel as a legitimate state and refused to leave their homeland.
5. When the policies of Israel increased bitterness, the Arabs were forced to leave their properties and homeland.
6. Egyptian president Gamal Abdel Nasser tried to unite Arabs and hence adopted aggressive policies. Israel attacked Egypt in 1956 with the support of western powers. Both USA and USSR wanted a ceasefire due to which Israel had to withdraw its army.
The region has been constantly in a state of war and terrorist attacks as a result of retaliation and counter-retaliation. Hence it became a center of tensions in the world.
Rate this question :
Observe the graphTelangana Board - Social Science
Locate the followTelangana Board - Social Science
What was the natuTelangana Board - Social Science
By the end of theTelangana Board - Social Science
Given the idea ofTelangana Board - Social Science
“Formation of NAMTelangana Board - Social Science
How did the ColdTelangana Board - Social Science
How were the supeTelangana Board - Social Science
What are the diffTelangana Board - Social Science
“The ethnic conflTelangana Board - Social Science