Q. 14.0( 4 Votes )
Why did the people of Jalsindhi village refuse to move out of the village?
The people of Jalsindhi village refused to move out of the village because of the following reasons:
1. The people of Jalsindhi villages lived on the banks of Narmada river. They lived in the laps of nature and were closely linked to the environment.
2. They felt that they are the children of Narmada and are living since many of their own generations.
3. They used their seeds and manure from their own livestock.
Rate this question :
Should the average temperature of the earth be treated as a natural resource for all people? Why?Telangana Board - Social Science
Why do you think the effects of climate change may be felt by all countries?Telangana Board - Social Science
Locate i) The River Narmada ii) Sardar Sarovar project in the map of India.Telangana Board - Social Science
Rapid extraction of minerals and other natural resources would adversely impact the future development prospects. Do you agree?Telangana Board - Social Science
“Last, but not the least, the key to the environmental problem lies in changing lifestyles that will minimise waste and pollution.”
• What are the various ways in which our lifestyles affect the environment?
Use examples from your own context to explain.
• Find out about the various ways in which the problems of garbage and emissions are being dealt with around the world.Telangana Board - Social Science
Why did the people of Jalsindhi village refuse to move out of the village?Telangana Board - Social Science
“This is the land of our forefathers. We have a right to it. If this is lost, then we will only get spades and pickaxes, nothing else...” says Bava Mahaliya. Can you explain the statement?Telangana Board - Social Science
“Environment is crucially important for the lives and livelihoods of the local communities and the lifestyles of local communities are harmonious with the environment.” Explain.Telangana Board - Social Science
What are the lessons to be drawn from the alternate PDS initiative at Zaheerabad mandal in Telangana?Telangana Board - Social Science