Q. 15.0( 1 Vote )
Why did the Briti
There were various reasons that the British felt the need to survey in India which were-
• As they expanded their trade in India to gain profit, they surveyed so that they can analyse how much they had expanded and record it for their benefit.
• After surveying, it became easy for the British in terms of revenue collection and to map all the places.
• Survey of the land helped them to know about the important states and the number of princely states.
• It became easy for them to administer the different states.
• Survey of the land allowed them to know about the population, occupations and the availability of the farmlands to encourage agriculture. This, in turn, helped them to increase their trade for commercial crops.
Rate this question :