Q. 125.0( 5 Votes )
Why did technology occur slowly in the 19th century?
The various reasons due to which technology occurred slowly in the 19th century were:
• The emergence of the new industries didn’t replace the traditional industries.
• Less than 20% of the workforce was employed in the advanced industrial sectors.
• Even though the textile industry was one of the major industries but most of its production came from domestic units rather than from factories.
• It was difficult for the industrialists and for the merchants to afford new technology as they were very expensive.
• It was difficult to repair the machines once they broke down as repairing was costly.
• The machines were not good enough as their manufacturers claimed.
Rate this question :
How have intensive industrialization and urbanization posed great pressure on existing freshwater resources in India? Explain with two examples of each.Together With Social Science
Describe the circumstances responsible for the formation of G-77.
The modern industrialization could not marginalize the traditional industries in England.' Justify the statement with any five suitable arguments.
What was the impact of industrialisation and urbanization on the family in Britain in the 19th century?Together With Social Science
How did handloom cloth production increase in the early 20th century?Together With Social Science
How did the Indian National Movement affect Indian entrepreneurs?Together With Social Science