Q. 144.8( 9 Votes )
Why did Metternic
Giuseppe Mazzini was an Italian revolutionary and a patriot. Metternich was an Austrian diplomat.
Metternich described Mazzini as ‘the most dangerous enemy of our social order’ because of the following reasons:
1. Mazzini’s vision of a democratic republic frightened the conservatives.
2. Mazzini was the founder of Young Italy, and he believed in liberal nationalism.
3. He also founded the underground society called Young Europe in Berne.
4. These two societies aimed at uniting several states and kingdoms into one republic.
5. He wrote many essays that brought injustice to common people such as artists, professionals, peasants, etc., to the limelight.
Many underground societies were set up in Germany, Switzerland, and Poland which inspired young members to revolutionary activities. Hence, Metternich uttered Mazzini as the most dangerous enemy.
Rate this question :