Q. 234.5( 4 Votes )
Democracy is a better form of government because –
• Democracy gives the right to choose the representative of our choice so that we could have control over the leader.
• Democracy follows a procedure before arriving at a decision so that it could be effective and acceptable to the people.
• Democracy provides regular, free and fair elections, open public debate on major policies and legislation and citizens’ right to information about the government and its functioning.
• Democracy also gives power to the citizen to check or examine the ways the decisions had been taken. This process is called Transparency.
• Democracy is based on negotiation and discussion on major issues.
On the other hand, a Non-Democratic form of government doesn’t have all these facilities being provided to its citizen. Sometimes the Democratic government may be slow, less efficient, not always very responsive or clean but it allows its people to choose their own government.
Rate this question :