Why are represent
As we know that the process to choose the National government is through the elections. The Lok Sabha election happens once in the five years and people cast their valuable vote to choose the representative who will represent them in the Parliament. Representatives are elected for a fixed period and not for a lifetime because-
• The people choose their representatives based on their previous ruling pattern or according to the promises and advertisement they have done before the elections. So if any individual considers that he/she has done a mistake choosing the wrong candidate they can cast their valuable vote again in the next election and make the better choice.
• It gives people to change their choice of choosing the right representative.
• Citizens could observe the developments taken place and if they think that the ruling party is not working properly, the election every five years give them the chance to choose a better representative.
• If the representative is elected for the lifetime than it will give him/her the lifetime opportunity to either rule the country according to what citizens want or could rule the country based on what he/she wants. Thus, it is better to elect the representative for the fixed period and not for a lifetime.
• Also, every candidate should be given a chance to represent its people and prove to them that they are worthy to represent them. Choosing representative once in five years gives younger and educated people to rule the people of their country and to fulfil the demands of the population by making the right decision.
Rate this question :