1. When Griffith performed the experiment. He was unable to conclude the biochemical nature of the inherited genetic material.
2. After which Oswald Avery, Colin McLeod and Maclyn McCarty in 1933-34 performed an experiment to find this genetic material.
3. They purified the biochemicals (DNA, RNA, & Protein) from the heat killed S-strain cells.
4. They noticed that the RNA digesting enzyme (RNases) , Protein digesting enzymes (Proteases) did not affect the transformation of the non-virulent R-strain to the virulent S-strain.
5. This led to the conclusion that DNA was the transforming principle.
Rate this question :