Q. 114.3( 7 Votes )
Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose was born on 23 January 1897. He led a vibrant life till his death (18 August 1945). He was an Indian nationalist whose rebellious patriotism made him a hero in India. But his attempt during World War II to rid India of British rule with the help of Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan left an undecided legacy.
He had the following qualities which are perfect for a social worker.
1) leadership quality
Netaji means "Respected Leader). the name granted to him in the early 1940s by the Indian soldiers of the Indische Legion and by the German and Indian officials in the Special Bureau for India in Berlin. It was later used throughout India because of his heroic efforts in the Indian freedom struggle.
1) Bose had been a leader of the youth, radical, wing of the Indian National Congress in the late 1920s and 1930s,
2) He became Congress President in 1938 and 1939.
3) Mahatma Gandhi called him the 'patriot of patriots'
4) He inspired thousands of young men and women.
1) Bose realized that the British would have to be hard-pressed to leave India, he determined that his enemy’s enemy was his friend.
2) He visited Germany and Japan to get their support.
3) This doesn’t necessarily mean that he ignored the Nazi ideology. He was willing to use whatever aid he could get in order to bring freedom to India.
4) Selfless contribution
1) He died young, in a plane crash in Taiwan in 1945 and was idealistic and uncorrupted.
2) He remains as a man of action and thought
3) He devoted himself for the freedom of India
5) Practical knowledge about the freedom movement
1) He formed Indian National Army (INA) which fought against British.
2) He was the first leader in the world to give weapons to women to fight for the country.
3) He traveled to countries and convinced them for World War II to join his army. This destabilized the British power in India as they didn't have enough army to rule after that.
4) It was Netaji whom the British feared most.
5 ) He also met with Hitler in Germany and the Japanese to get support for INA to fight British.
These qualities of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose are incomparable, and he remains the icon for youth even today.
Rate this question :