Q. 104.5( 8 Votes )
Which of the following is not a constituent of petroleum?
A. paraffin wax
B. lubricating oil
Coke is a product obtained from coal whereas the rest are obtained by refining of petroleum through fractional distillation.
Rate this question :
What is petroleum? Where does petroleum occur?Lakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Science
Complete the crossword Fig. 5.2 with the help of the clues:
1. Fuels obtained from dead remains of living organisms. (6,5)
2. A process by which the various constituents of petroleum are separated. (8)
3. A porous black substance obtained from coal. (4)
4. Another name for motor fuel. (6)
5. The substance obtained by carbonization. (4)
6. Fuel for heavy motor vehicles. (6)
7. A petroleum product used for road surfacing. (7)
8. Dead remains of sea animals got converted into it. (9)NCERT - Science Exemplar
Write some important uses of the various constituents of petroleum.NCERT - Science Exemplar
Match the items given in Column I with the items of Column II.
NCERT - Science Exemplar
The fossil fuel P is formed under the earth by the decomposition of vegetable matter lying under water by the action of anaerobic bacteria. The major component of fuel P is Q. The fossil fuel P is used as a source of gas R needed to manufacture nitrogenous fertilizers. When P is filled in metal cylinders and used as a fuel in motor vehicles, it is called S. What are P, Q, R and S?Lakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Science
State one use each of the following products of petroleum.
(a) Bitumen (b) Petroleum gasAll in One - Science
Write the use of lubricating oil.All in One - Science
Write the importance of petrochemicals.All in One - Science
Write the name of a petro-product used in dry cleaning.All in One - Science
Is it possible to extract petroleum from under the sea?All in One - Science