Which measures ha
Solid waste management means to manage the process of treatment, salvage, reuse, re-rotation change of energy without affecting the environment and the public health in this system the state has the responsibility to provide training, suggestion, and resources to the local bodies of Urban and rural areas for solid waste management. In this system cleaning workers are employed on a regular or contractual basis to bring garbage from the houses hospitals and other establishment and gather it at the garbage collection center. From this center, it is taken to the garbage disposal center through different means of transportation like trucks, tractors, etc. At the disposal center, the garbage is divided into different categories and then disposed of accordingly.
The measures that have been taken for solid waste management are
1. Waste reduction and reuse: Remedial measures like reduction and reuse of waste are taken. Reduction of waste means encouraging the Producers and Consumers to produce less waste such as reduction in packing, using bags and covers made of cloth or recycled material. Reusing of waste means encouraging the public to purchase reusable goods. They are also advised to donate old clothes, utensils, etc to the needy.
2. Recycle waste: Recycling means reducing the amount of waste and using the waste generated for some other purpose. There are 3 levels of recycling process:
i. Reconstructing the recyclable material and metal from stored waste and collecting them separately,
ii. Preparation of raw material from collected metal.
iii. Creating a new product from raw material.
3. Collection of waste: The local bodies appoint a staff which has the responsibility to collect the waste and recycled waste twice a week. But the waste that is a shelter to the flies or spreading odor has to be collected immediately.
4. Treatment and disposal: The new garbage treatment technology has discovered that if the management form is changed, it can help to reduce the amount of waste generated, which would imply a simpler waste disposal method. The waste is disposed on the basis of the amount of waste and type.
5. Incineration: In this method, the waste is combusted in the presence of oxygen. After accumulation, the garbage turns into carbon dioxide and water vapor. This method helps to reduce transport cost and the production of methane.
6. Gasification and pyrolysis: Both are similar thermal methods. In this method the component of the waste is dissolved at high temperature these are used in low oxygen or nonoxygen field.
Rate this question :
What are the beneRajasthan Board Social Science
What is hazardousRajasthan Board Social Science
What is a domestiRajasthan Board Social Science
Which measures haRajasthan Board Social Science
According to theRajasthan Board Social Science
Why is the importRajasthan Board Social Science
Why is cleanlinesRajasthan Board Social Science
When was the cleaRajasthan Board Social Science
Why is the probleRajasthan Board Social Science
Name the insectsRajasthan Board Social Science