Where and when di
• The October 1917 elections in Russia were neither free nor fair.
• The 11.11.1945 elections in Yugoslavia were neither free nor fair.
• In 1945–47 France’s Communist Party won the highest percentage of the national vote, and the greatest number of parliamentary seats. The party became party of a political coalition, with communists occupying some - but not the key - cabinet positions.
• Kerala held an election widely regarded as free and fair in 1957, which returned a Communist State Government. There have since been state election victories in West Bengal and Tripura.
• In 1995 Nepal’s Communist Party won the national elections, and nominated the first democratically-elected communist Prime Minster: Man Mohan Adhikari.
Rate this question :