Q. 204.8( 15 Votes )
The women in French society were not given much importance. Women worked hard to earn for their livelihood especially the women of the third estate and they were even not allowed to pursue education or for job training. Even the constitution of 1791 didn’t provide any rights to women. So they demanded Right Vote and expressed their desire to hold political office. The steps taken by the revolutionary government to improve the lives of women in France were:
• They introduced such laws to improve the lives of women.
• Schooling was made compulsory so for the State schools were established.
• Marriage was made into a contract where both the parties will enter freely and get themselves registered under the civil law. It means the father of the girl will no longer force her against her wish.
• Both men and women could apply for Divorce which was made legal.
• Women were allowed to run small businesses or to become artists. They were also provided with the training for jobs.
Rate this question :