Q. 6 B5.0( 2 Votes )
Answer in detail:
The features of the Regulating Act are:
• A Governor-General in Calcutta was appointed who was superior to Governors of Bombay and Madras.
• A Supreme Court was set up in Calcutta with a Chief Justice and three judges.
• To assist the Governor-General, an Executive council with four members was created.
The provisions by Pitts India Act to overcome defects are:
• The Governor-General was appointed by the approval of the British Crown.
• The Governor-General’s Council membership was reduced to three.
• For ease in administration, a Board of Control was established in Britain to monitor the Indian affairs.
• Also, the Governor-General was made the Commander-in-Chief and was given total control over Bombay and Madras presidencies.
• This Act helped the English gain control over the Company’s affairs.
Rate this question :
Answer in detail:Tamilnadu - Social Science Term-2
Write about the fTamilnadu - Social Science Term-2
Answer the followTamilnadu - Social Science Term-2
Choose the correcTamilnadu - Social Science Term-2
Match the followiTamilnadu - Social Science Term-2
In your scrapbookTamilnadu - Social Science Term-2