Q. 255.0( 6 Votes )
What were the eff
The first world war had started in 1914 and ended in 1918. It was fought between Britain,Russia, France and USA on one side and Germany, Austria, Hungary, and Ottoman Turkey on the other side.
1. CHANGE IN POWER: Before the war, Britain was leading in the world economy. During the war, many developing countries had developed their industries. After the end of the war, Britain was unable to compete internationally with these industries. It had also taken a large amount of loan and had a huge external debt.
2. FALL OF DOMESTIC ECONOMY: The World War had led to an increased in the production of war-related goods which led to an increase in employment. Post war, both these areas suffered. Many countries also faced a serious crisis in the agricultural sector,
3. GREAT DEPRESSION: The period from 1929 to mid-1930 is known as the period of the Great Depression. It was due to many factors which led to a fall in production and employment levels.
4. RURAL SEGMENT: The rural segment faced serious repercussions as there was overproduction accompanied with a fall in prices. The farmers were unable to meet their expenses. The crops rotted as there was no one to buy them.
5. WITHDRAWAL OF LOANS: US was a major financer to many countries in Europe. But when the situation worsened, the investors started taking their loans back. Many Europeans banks had failed and faced an acute financial crisis.
The First World War that was assumed to be a localized war that would end soon, lasted for a long time. Many countries were affected with it in one or the other, i.e. changes in the level of production, employment, income, and trade.
Rate this question :