Q. 25.0( 2 Votes )
What were the dem
The Indian National Congress was formed in the year 1885 by A. O. Hume. Some of the important leaders of the time were Dadabhai Nowroji, D.E. Wacha, G.K. Gokhale, etc. They followed a moderate approach in their demands form the Britishers.
The demands were as follows:
1. They demanded increased representation of Indians in the Legislative Council.
2. Indians be considered for higher positions in administrative departments.
3. Decrease in land revenue.
4. Cut in military expenditure and focus on agricultural prosperity.
The Moderates believed that the British were not aware of the atrocities upon Indians and if they succeed in making them aware of it they would be just and fair to them. Therefore, the methods adopted by early Congress were as below:
1. Create public opinion and raise those demands in front of the government.
2. This was done by petitions, meetings, resolutions, propagation, etc.
3. A British Committee was formed by Dadabhai Nowroji in 1899 in London to carry forward the same agenda.
Rate this question :