Q. 2 D
Answer the follow
Mohammed-bin-Tughlaq was one of the important rulers of the Tughlaq. He was not only a successful warrior but also a scholar. He brought so many changes in administration, revenue and military areas. He was the only ruler of the Tughlaq dynasty who established a vast empire. He was an efficient administrator. The reforms introduced by him include the changes in the revenue system, shifting of capital, introduction of symbolic coins etc., The following are the administrative reforms introduced by Mohammed-bin-Tughlaq:
1. He introduced the system of keeping a record of the land details of the empire.
2. Agriculture department was introduced which enabled the cultivation of uncultivable lands.
3. Financial assistance was given to the farmers.
4. The farmers who had land between two rivers had to pay more taxes.
5. He introduced gold coin named Dinar and silver coin named Adli.
6. The value of the currency was based on the value of gold and silver. Gradually coins made of copper and brass were also brought into circulation.
Mohammed-bin-Tughlaq shifted his capital from Delhi to Devagiri. He wanted the capital to be at the centre of his kingdom and he ensured the protection of capital from foreign invasions. But this failed as it was not implemented properly.
Rate this question :
Answer the followKarnataka - Social Science Part-I