Q. 2 C
Answer the follow
Alauddin Khilji was the most important ruler of the Khilji dynasty. He became the sultan of Delhi after killing his mentor Jalaluddin. He fought many battles and conquered the kingdoms of Malwa, Jalore, Bundhi, Mandore and Tonk. He invaded many other kingdoms like Devagiri, Dwarasamudra and Madurai in order to plunder the wealth.
He introduced many administrative, Military and Market reforms during his reign.
The following are some of the noteworthy features of his administration:
1. The people of his kingdom were prohibited from consuming alcohol and drugs. The game of dice was banned.
2. He introduced a network of intelligence which informed him about the threats and activities of the invaders and enemies. This enabled him to plot against them.
3. He abolished the system of gifting lands, subsidy and other religious endowments.
4. Tax system was introduced in which both the rich landlords and poor farmers were made to pay their taxes.
5. He appointed revenue officers to collect these taxes.
6. His sardars or the generals formed associations among themselves. Alauddin Khilji banned these associations. He did not allow these people to mingle with the other class of the society.
Rate this question :
Answer the followKarnataka - Social Science Part-I