Q. 3 C4.1( 101 Votes )
What was the villagers’ reaction when the aunt explained her case to them? (4)
The villagers gave her mixed reactions. While some were sympathetic, some laughed and some asked her to make peace with Jumman but she was bent on getting justice.
Rate this question :
Why was Algu upset over Jumman’s nomination as head Panch? (12, 13)NCERT English - Honeysuckle
Look at the following phrases and their meanings. Use the phrases to fill in the blanks in the sentences given below.
set up — put in place or start
set aside — save or keep for a particular purpose
set down — write or record
set out — start on a journey
set in — begin and seem likely to continue
1. Why don’t you ____________ your ideas on paper?
2. A fund has been _________ for the soldiers’ families.
3. We should _________ a little money every month.
4. You should buy some woolens before winter _________.
5. They ________ on the last stage of their journey.NCERT English - Honeysuckle
Replace the italicized portion of each sentence below with a suitable phrase form the box. Make necessary changes, wherever required.
1. The best way to avoid an unnecessary argument is to remain silent.
2. Unfortunately, the train I was trying to catch was cancelled.
3. He has been told not to take risks while driving a car through a crowded street.
4. The patient needs to be properly taken care of.
5. Why don’t the two of you end your quarrel by shaking hands?
6. I was in a difficult situation till my friends came to my rescue.
7. When I saw a pile of dirty dishes. I felt very disappointed.
8. I will examine the matter carefully before commenting on it.
9. They criticized him in the meeting but he accepted without protest all the criticism.
10. It will free me from worry to know that I had done nothing wrong.NCERT English - Honeysuckle
Now that you have completed the above project, write a brief report stating what you did, how you did it and the conclusion.NCERT English - Honeysuckle
What was Algu’s verdict as head Panch? How did Jumman take it? (7, 8)NCERT English - Honeysuckle
Which of the following sums up the story best?
(i) “I also know that you will not kill your conscience for the sake of friendship.”
(ii) “Let no one deviate from the path of justice and truth for friendship or enmity.”
(iii) “The voice of the Panch is the voice of God.”
Give a reason for your choice.NCERT English - Honeysuckle
Why was Jumman happy over Algu’s nomination as head Panch? (6)NCERT English - Honeysuckle
“God lives in the heart of the Panch,” the aunt said. What did she mean? (6)NCERT English - Honeysuckle
What was the villagers’ reaction when the aunt explained her case to them? (4)NCERT English - Honeysuckle
“Then the situation changed.” What is being referred to? (2)NCERT English - Honeysuckle