Q. 23.9( 16 Votes )
What was the Napo
Napoleon was a good administrator and a dictator whose proficiency led to the smooth functioning of the administrative system. He introduced the Napoleonic code of 1804 which was considered as a major step in enforcing the rule of law.
1. The old feudal and royal laws which were very confusing and conflicting was reformed.
2. The Napoleonic code was exported to all the regions which were under the control of the French.
3. Feudalism was put to an end and peasants were freed from manorial dues in countries like Italy, Germany, Switzerland and the Dutch Republic.
4. There was a huge improvement in transport and communication.
5. More freedom was given to peasants, artisans, workers and businessmen.
6. A common currency was introduced to facilitate trade and commerce and uniform laws were adopted for all.
The introduction of the Napoleonic code made the administrative system more efficient in the territories ruled by him.
Rate this question :