Q. 64.8( 9 Votes )
What was the majo
The first FYP was commenced in 1951, and it’s main thrust were:
1. To invest in dams and irrigation to improve agriculture with urgent attention.
2. Huge allocation was made to Bhakra Nagal dam.
3. It focused more on land reforms to develop the rural areas.
4. The foremost aim was to increase the level of National Income.
First FYP was different from second FYP :
1. In second FYP heavy industrialization was stressed upon whereas in first FYP, agriculture and irrigation were focused upon.
2. the first plan had preached patience, the second wanted to bring about quick structural transformation by making changes simultaneously in all possible directions.
Rate this question :