Q. 24.8( 6 Votes )
What was the Khil
Ottoman Turkey was defeated in the First World War.
1. There were rumours that a harsh peace treaty was going to be imposed on the Ottoman Emperor.
2. To defend the Khalifa’s temporal powers, a Khilafat Committee was formed in Bombay in March 1919.
3. A young generation of Muslim leaders like the brothers Muhammad Ali and Shaukat Ali began discussing with Mahatma Gandhi about the possibility of a united mass action.
4. This movement played a big role in uniting the Hindus and Muslims to fight against the British power.
5. Mahatma Gandhi and other leaders supported this Khilafat Movement.
The Khilafat movement was important towards gaining independence.
Rate this question :