The impacts of the Mongol invasions in Delhi sultanate are as follows:
1) Mongol attacks on Delhi sultanate increased during the reign of Alauddin Khilji and Mohammad Tughlaq.
2) This forced the Delhi sultanate to increase their army base.
3) Due to the increased army base, the administrative expenses increased because of the strength of the soldiers and they had to pay comparatively more salaries to the soldiers.
4) The Alauddin Khilji created garrison town for the soldiers to live whereas Mohammad Tuglaq emptied the garrison towns from the soldiers.
5) The financial burden on the Delhi sultanate led to the imposition of heavy taxes on the peasants.
Rate this question :