Q. 85.0( 1 Vote )
What was the cont
The contributions of Mirabeau to the French revolution were:
• The citizen who came under the third estate was not provided rights. When they demanded the right to vote, the king rejected their proposal. As a result, the representatives of the third estate assembled in the hall of an indoor tennis court on the grounds of Versailles on 20th June 1789 and swore not to leave until the constitution is drafted. This was led by the Mirabeau along with the Abbe Sieyes.
• He realised that it was important to remove the feudal privileges given to the clergy and nobles.
• During the formation of the national assembly, Mirabeau brought the journal and gave a powerful and encouraging speech to the crowd at Versailles.
Abbe Sieyes was a priest who with his belief in sovereignty decided to rose against the Monarchical and undemocratic rule of the King and Nobles. The contributions of Abbe Sieyes to the French revolution were as follows:
• He was a political writer and a clergyman who with his influential writings helped people during the French revolution to fight for their political rights.
• Along with Mirabeau, Abbe Sieyes became one of the representatives of the third estate who assembled in the hall of an indoor tennis court on the grounds of Versailles on 20th June 1789 and swore not to leave until the Constitution is drafted.
• He wrote a pamphlet called “what is the third estate?” This pamphlet helped people to be motivated and to fight for their basic rights.
Rate this question :