Q. 163.5( 2 Votes )
India is a democratic country. It is sustained by:
• Constitution: It ensures the fundamental rights of every citizen of the country and defines the responsibility of the government. It makes the government accountable to citizens.
• Supreme Court: It is one of the pillars of the country. It ensures the validity of the constitution and acts as a guardian of the constitution.
• Press and electronic media: It helps in ensuring accountability by making people aware of the policies made by the government and any wrong deeds done by then.
• Election Commission: It ensures that elections should be held freely and fairly and at regular intervals of time.
• Parliament and State legislature: The ministers of the cabinet are collectively responsible to the parliament which in turn ensures accountability to the citizens.
Rate this question :