Q. 35.0( 2 Votes )
What role did the
Role of women:
1. Women from almost all walks of life- young and old, rural and urban, single and married, upper caste and lower caste, all joined the movements.
2. Their huge numbers added more significance to the movements and demonstrations.
3. They picketed shops, went to jail, taught spinning and participated wholeheartedly.
4. It encouraged them to step out of their houses, enabled them to be independent and step into male spaces.
5. However, leaders including Gandhi had to be convinced about the participation of women.
Rate this question :