Q. 54.0( 2 Votes )
What problems did the Indian industrialists have with the British government?
The Indian Industrialist faced a number of problems under the British colonial rule:
1. Unlike the Europeans, the Indian Industrialist did not have any access to the British government authorities.
2. They did not have a significant share in the foreign trade market which led in a shortage of funds.
3. They did not have many factories, banks and ships under their control.
4. Although they received help from the government in the form of tax on foreign goods, it was not adequate.
5. The required to resources and facilities such as Railways, roads, electricity, coal and iron. But the British government did not focus on the development in these areas.
6. They also had to buy all of their machines from abroad because those industries which would manufacture the required machinery was not started in India.
7. Education was not given adequate importance. This led to a lack of educated personnel. This increased the reliance on foreigners for industrial development.
Thus, the Indian industrialists faced many disadvantages in this regard.
Rate this question :
How could education affect industrial development? Discuss in the class.AP Board - Social Studies
During British rule, why was it easier for European companies rather than Indian companies to set up industries? Give a few reasons.AP Board - Social Studies
What problems did the Indian industrialists have with the British government?AP Board - Social Studies
Make a timeline to show when Adivasi protests occurred in different parts of India.
Find out where each of these Adivasi struggles took place, and mark their locations on a map of India.
AP Board - Social Studies
Against whom did the adivasis revolt? In what ways did they demonstrate their anger and protest? Give some examples.AP Board - Social Studies
How did people use the forests before the rule of the British? Why was there less danger of the forests being fully destroyed in those days?AP Board - Social Studies
How were the revolts of the Adivasis suppressed by the British?AP Board - Social Studies
Labour laws were first made for child laborers, then for women and lastly for men. Why were these laws made in this order?AP Board - Social Studies
Identify the large industrial cities on an outline map of India during the 20th century.AP Board - Social Studies