Q. 84.0( 4 Votes )
What legal measur
Legal measures taken by the government to empower consumers in India are:
● MRTP ACT: (monopolies and restrictive trade practices act) 1984, to check unfair trade practices.
● COPRA ACT (consumer protection act) 1986, to protect consumers from exploitation in market place.
● Consumer courts: district, state and national levels for redressal of consumer grievances.
● RTI ACT (Right to information) 2005, Ensuring transparency in functioning of government departments.
● Central protection authority to recall products and initiate class suit against defaulting companies.
● Consumer helpline.
Rate this question :