Q. 93.9( 15 Votes )
What is the role
Any crime or act that is committed is the crime against society and to the public. The prosecutor is the individual who completes the further process on behalf of the state after the investigation is done by the police. In this way, he is able to help the public when the state is not able to help them directly. The role of a Public prosecutor is as follows:
• It is the duty of the prosecutor to provide full and material facts, witnesses and evidence in the court and act impartially so that the court would be able to solve the case.
• He conducts the legal process and represents the interests of the state.
• Prosecutor has no role to play during the investigation process.
• He helps the public when the state is not able to help them directly.
• As an officer of the court, he is solving court cases and indirectly helping the public. Thus, he is called as Public Prosecutor.
Rate this question :