Q. 63.7( 10 Votes )
What is the need of conducting biodiversity meet? Collect information about these meetings when and where it was conducted and its agenda also.
The Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), also known as the Biodiversity Convention, is a multilateral treaty.
The Convention has three main goals includes:
1) The conservation of biological diversity (or biodiversity)
2) The sustainable use of its components; and the fair and equitable sharing of benefits arising from genetic resources.
3) The notion of an international convention on bio-diversity diversity was started at a United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
Need of conducting biodiversity meet includes:
1) Measures the incentives for the conservation and sustainable use of biological diversity.
2) Regulated access to genetic resources and traditional knowledge,
Prior Informed Consent of the party providing resources.
3) Sharing, in a fair and equitable way, the results of research and development and the benefits arising from the commercial.
4) Other utilization of genetic resources with the Contracting Party providing such resources (governments and/or local communities that provided the traditional knowledge or biodiversity resources utilized).
5) Access to and transfer of technology, including biotechnology, to the governments and/or local communities that provided traditional knowledge and/or biodiversity resources.
Rate this question :
Where do you find most of the biodiversity on the earth? Draw AP map showing maximum biodiversity areas.AP - Biology
Rani said conservation of biodiversity starts from our home. Is she correct? How do you support her? What will be your action for this?AP - Biology
When you see a park, sanctuary or a zoo with many kinds of plants and animals, how would you express your happiness? Write a few lines on them.AP - Biology
Make a list of animals /birds seen now and 30 years ago. Take the help of your elders. Write few reasons for their disappearance.AP - Biology
What is the need of conducting biodiversity meet? Collect information about these meetings when and where it was conducted and its agenda also.AP - Biology