Q. 23.5( 6 Votes )
What is the need for water independency?
Water independency is needed to face the situation created by a shortage of water.
1. Many factors have led to a crisis of water.
2. Poor maintenance of water sources, reduction in groundwater level, failure of monsoon, etc., are some of the factors.
3. Moreover, the demand for water has increased due to the increase in population.
4. Hence, adequate measures have been taken to face this situation.
5. Many projects like Jal Kranti Abhiyan and Mukhya Mantri Jal Swavlambhan Abhiyan have been launched to manage these water sources effectively and efficiently and also creating awareness about the need of the hour.
6. These projects aim at the creation of new water conservation sources and also the development of existing water conservation methods for successful management of rainwater.
Hence, water independency has become mandatory to overcome the present situation without compromising the needs of the future.
Rate this question :
Describe any two projects operated by the government of India.Rajasthan Board Social Science
Which is a longest man-made canal of India?Rajasthan Board Social Science
What is meant by Bairaj?Rajasthan Board Social Science
Which is the longest dam in India?Rajasthan Board Social Science
Explain the different form of water conservation in Rajasthan.Rajasthan Board Social Science
What are stepwells? Explain.Rajasthan Board Social Science
Which Multipurpose project is aimed at the development of tribal areas of Rajasthan?Rajasthan Board Social Science
Explain about Bhakra Nangal Project.Rajasthan Board Social Science
Explain the Indira Gandhi Canal Project of Rajasthan?Rajasthan Board Social Science
Explain the Mukhyamantri Jal Swavlamban Abhiyan.Rajasthan Board Social Science