Q. 35.0( 1 Vote )
What is the impor
Green Revolution refers to the set of technological reforms that have been implemented to increase agricultural production.
1. Green Revolution has resulted in the substantial increase in crop production which resulted in achieving self-sufficiency.
2. The farmers were able to produce more crops from small land.
3. The increased production has enabled the farmers to sell their surplus produce in the market.
4. This necessitated good development in the transport network.
5. Surplus produce at the national level has increased the exports to a large extent.
6. The increased production has resulted in the creation of employment opportunities in transport and marketing areas.
Thus, the green revolution has brought a welcome change in the Indian economy.
Rate this question :