What is the balance of power?
● The balance of power is an important component of the traditional security policy.
● When countries look around them, they notice that some countries are bigger and stronger than them and might be a threat in the future.
● A neighbouring country may not be preparing for an attack without any obvious reason.
● But if the country is powerful there may be a possibility of aggression from inside.
● The governments are very sensitive to the balance of power between their country and other countries.
● They strive to achieve a favourable balance of power between the countries with whom they had differences in the past, with the countries with whom they currently have differences and with the neighbouring countries.
● An important aspect of maintaining a balance of power is developing a strong military base along with economic and technological power.
Rate this question :
Describe any four steps taken by Chinese leadership to make it a fastest growing economy.
Describe any four issues of conflict between India and Pakistan.Political Science - Board Papers
Describe any three international challenging issues that can only be dealt with when all the countries work together.
What is meant by the traditional notion of external security? Describe any two components of this type of security.Political Science - Board Papers
Trace the evolution of the United Nations since its establishment in 1945. How does it function with the help of its structures and agencies?
Describe the security challenges faced by the newly independent countries of Asia and Africa after the Second World War.Political Science - Board Papers
Write any two examples of ending regional conflicts through mediation by the ASEAN.Political Science - Board Papers
Describe any three challenging global issues that can only be dealt with when everyone works together.
What is meant by the traditional notion of internal and external security?Political Science - Board Papers
What is meant by alliance building as a component of traditional security policy?
State its advantages.Political Science - Board Papers