Q. 164.1( 15 Votes )
What is poverty?
Poverty is the lack of basic human needs such as nutrition, education, health care, clothing, shelter because of inability to afford them. The historical reason for poverty is colonial administration.
● Low level of development under the British colonial administration.
● Traditional handicrafts were worst affected by the policies of the colonial government.
● It also discouraged the development of industries such as textiles.
● The low rate of growth which existed in the 19th century resulted in the low growth rate of incomes as well as lesser job chances/opportunities.
● The population control perpetuated the cycle of poverty.
● There was also no promotion of economic growth.
Rate this question :