What is meant by
Destarching- It is the process in which the plant or a part of the plant becomes deprived of the starch. It is also known as the elimination of starch from the plant.
• Starch is the reserved food material of the plant.
• If the plant is kept in the dark for 48 hours, the process of photosynthesis will not occur due to the absence of sunlight.
• In the absence of photosynthesis, the plant will consume its stored food.
• The continuous consumption of stored starch for 48 hours will lead to destarching of the plant.
• Hence, plants get destarched when kept in continuous dark room for about 48 hours.
Rate this question :