What is Fiscal discipline? What happens when Fiscal discipline is not maintained in the economy?
● Fiscal discipline means that the government should create a balance between its expenditure and revenue.
● It should not only focus upon increasing its revenue or earnings but it must also try to reduce its expenditures.
● If the fiscal discipline is not maintained in the economy it will lead to the fiscal deficit.
● A fiscal deficit means the increase in the borrowing requirement of the government.
● The main source of borrowing for the Government of a country is from its Central Bank.
● This is done in the form of deficit financing which implies the printing of new currency notes.
● This will lead to an increase in money circulation and will cause inflation.
● The flow of money will be greater than the volume of output in the economy.
● The production cost will increase accompanied by low aggregate demand.
● The investment will fall, unemployment will increase and the economy will fall into a low level of equilibrium trap.
Rate this question :
If real income to be 400 crores and price index to be 105, calculate nominal income.Economics - Board Papers
What are capital receipts in a government budget?Economics - Board Papers
What are revenue receipts in a government budget?Economics - Board Papers