Q. 113.8( 4 Votes )
What is artificia
Artificial insemination (AI) is the process of collecting sperm cells from a male animal and manually depositing them into the reproductive tract of a female. Artificial insemination is commonly used instead of natural mating in many species of animals because of the many benefits it helps in.
● the ability to use sires of superior genetic merit (the best bulls of the breed);
● improving production traits in cattle operation;
● the ability to mate specific sire to individual cows;
● reducing the number of herd bulls needed in cattle operation;
● increased genetics for replacement heifers; and
● when combined with estrous synchronization, a shorter calving season can be achieved, resulting in a more consistent, uniform calf crop.
Rate this question :