1. Trade, in a basic sense, refers to the process of buying and selling of goods and services. Thus, the exchange of goods and services among people, across states and countries is referred to as a trade.
2. ’Tourism’ is considered as a trade and industry in India because of the substantial growth it has experienced in the past three decades coupled with an increase in the arrival of foreign tourists.
3. As tourism in the form of trade as well as industry has flourished at a fast pace (bringing in high amounts of foreign exchange), it employs more than 15 million people, who are directly engaged in the tourism sector.
4. Tourism not only promotes national integration and provides support to the local handicrafts and cultural pursuits but it also helps in the development of international understanding about our rich culture and heritage, thereby attracting foreign tourists.
5. Many states of India such as Rajasthan, Goa, Jammu, and Kashmir earn a huge amount of money through the tourism industry which holds a lot of promise for the future.
NOTE – Tourism is an upcoming industry which significantly holds a bright future. The problems of development of tourism in certain regions such as the north-eastern states and the Himalayan Region due to strategic difficulties need to be addressed. However, in the present scenario, the growth witnessed in the tourism sector due to the increased levels of accessibility in certain regions has provided a boost to the industry that holds vast potential for the future.
Rate this question :