Q. 255.0( 2 Votes )
What is a Politic
1. A political party is a group of people with similar ideology who come together to form an organization in order to contest elections and hold power in the government.
2. A law should be made to regulate the internal affairs of political parties including the maintenance of a register of its members, following its own constitution, having an independent authority, act as a judge in case of party disputes and hold open elections to the highest posts.
3. It should be made mandatory for political parties to give a minimum of one-third of the party tickets to women candidates. In addition to this, there should be a quota for women in the decision making bodies of the party.
4. There should be state funding of elections. The government should give parties money to support their election expenses in cash or in kind (petrol, paper, telephone, etc.) on the basis of the votes secured by the party in the last election.
5. People can pressurize political parties through petitions, publicity, and protests. Ordinary citizens, pressure groups, and movements along with media can play an important role in forcing the parties to keep a check on its reforms.
NOTE – Political parties are important in politics. They represent various ideologies and values and function in a systematic and unbiased manner. However, reform is required at every level for the smooth functioning of these parties from time to time. Various laws and active involvement of the citizens of a country can contribute towards this reformation process.
Rate this question :