• A bioreactor is used for achieving the desired product by providing optimum growth conditions such as temperature, pH, substrate, salts, vitamins, oxygen.
• The bioreactor provides sampling ports so that small volumes of the culture can be withdrawn periodically and also as different control systems such as an agitator system, an oxygen delivery system, and a foam control system, a temperature control system, a pH control system.
• commonly used bioreactor as follows:
1. Simple stirred-tank bioreactor
2. Sparged stirred-tank bioreactor
• Compnents- foam braker, flat bladed impeller.
Figure.(a) Simple stirred-tank bioreactor; (b) Sparged stirred-tank bioreactor
Rate this question :