Q. 65.0( 2 Votes )
What do you under
"Renaissance" is a French word meaning "rebirth." The period is called so because, at that time, people expressed curiosity in the study of ancient times, the learning of early Greece and Rome.
1. The Renaissance is often said to be the start of the "modern age," as it was the reoccurrence of learning.
2. During the Renaissance, people preferred to study mathematics and science. There were other personalities like artists, writers, and philosophers.
3. Versatile persons such as Leonardo da Vinci who excelled in music, philosophy, and science were called as Renaissance Men.
4. Renaissance which was spread across Europe owes its origin to Italy.
5. Renaissance in Italy was divided into three periods as follows:
• The Early Renaissance.
• The High Renaissance
• The Late Renaissance.
The period of the late Renaissance was also called the Mannerist period.
The Renaissance was followed by the Baroque period.
Rate this question :