Q. 164.0( 4 Votes )
What do you mean
The term Nationalism refers to the generating sentiments for one’s own country. It is the knowledge of the social, political and economic condition of the country to promote the interests or beliefs of a particular nation. Some factors which give rise to Nationalism are:
• Symbols, folklores, films, history, songs inspire people which give rise to Nationalism.
• Some images or figures, for example – the image of Bharat Mata inspired people to identify their own identity and evoke the sentiment for their nation.
• Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay wrote Vande Mataram which motivated people and even people used it during the Swadeshi movement in Bengal.
• Nationalists began to travel to different regions to collect folktales and to preserve those so that the individual could identify his national identity and generate pride for its nation.
• At the end of the 19th century, the reinterpretation of history gave rise to the nationalism.
It taught people about their glorious achievements and made them realise that they should have their basic rights and should fight for it.
Rate this question :
How was the senseSocial Science - Board Papers