Q. 253.8( 13 Votes )
What changes were
The changes that were seen in Russia after the October Revolution of 1917 was:
• Industries and banks were nationalised, and Bolsheviks also opposed private property. This implies that the control was taken over by the government.
• Peasants started seizing the land of the noble after the land was declared as social property.
• Large houses were distributed according to the family requirements.
• Old titles of the aristocracy were banned.
• New uniforms were designed for the officials and for the army. Example – the soviet hat was chosen in 1918 in clothing competition.
• Despite opposition, the Bolsheviks made peace with Germany at Brest Litovsk.
• Bolshevik was the only party to participate in the elections to the All Russian Congress of Soviets. It later became the parliament of the country. Russia became the one-party state.
• Party controlled the Trade unions. People who criticised Bolsheviks were punished by secret police called the Cheka first, and later OGPU and NKVD.
• Writers and artists supported and rallied for them as it was the symbol of socialism and was also making many changes.
Rate this question :
What was the mainNCERT History - India and the Contemporary World-I