Q. 174.7( 3 Votes )
What are the ways in which people can participate in democracy?
Democracy is a form of government which provides right to equality, equality before the law, equal opportunities of work and prohibition of discrimination on the grounds of religion, race, caste, gender or place of birth to every citizen or individual. The representative of the democratic government is directly or indirectly elected by the people of the country. In the following ways people can participate in democracy:
• By accessing any information regarding government policies and decisions in newspapers, magazines and examining its outcome.
• By using his power of electing any representative who is beneficial for the country and vote for him.
• By participating in public political debates which can influence a large number of people in the right direction.
• By challenging any wrong decision of the government in the courts and asking for remedy by the judiciary.
• By exercising his fundamental rights and right to information to check the rules made by the government.
Rate this question :
Explain the features that are common in all democratic set-ups of the government.Together With Social Science
‘Complaints are treated as testimony to the success of democracy.’ Justify this statement.Social Science - Board Papers
List the countries which strongly believe in democracy and people’s rule. Which country has least belief in the strength of people’s vote?Together With Social Science
Describe the importance of democratic government as an accountable and legitimate government.Social Science - Board Papers
Why do some people think that the non-democratic system has an upper hand over a democratic system?Full Marks - Social Science
Name a country where democracy is not preferred over dictatorship.Full Marks - Social Science