Q. 174.7( 3 Votes )
What are th
Democracy is a form of government which provides right to equality, equality before the law, equal opportunities of work and prohibition of discrimination on the grounds of religion, race, caste, gender or place of birth to every citizen or individual. The representative of the democratic government is directly or indirectly elected by the people of the country. In the following ways people can participate in democracy:
• By accessing any information regarding government policies and decisions in newspapers, magazines and examining its outcome.
• By using his power of electing any representative who is beneficial for the country and vote for him.
• By participating in public political debates which can influence a large number of people in the right direction.
• By challenging any wrong decision of the government in the courts and asking for remedy by the judiciary.
• By exercising his fundamental rights and right to information to check the rules made by the government.
Rate this question :