Q. 25.0( 2 Votes )
What are the prob
Water is said to be the elixir of life. But, it is sad to say that water in the form of flood takes away lives. The following are the problems that are faced during the flood:
1. Buildings and houses which are constructed using bricks and stone in mud mortar are highly damaged in rains and floods.
2. The floodplains of rivers attract the concentration of poor population where the land value is inexpensive. These floodplains are affected a lot during floods.
3. Houses are dislocated or destroyed due to the high stream velocity of water.
4. Wooden houses float during floods.
5. Damage to materials may be severe in some instances even though the foundation of the houses is intact.
6. Sometimes, houses even collapse due to the velocity of water.
7. Trees, electric poles and other massive floating objects may even damage the standing houses also.
8. Above all, there is a massive loss of human lives due to floods.
Hence, the problems faced during the flood indicates the necessity of proper watershed management, proper habitat management, construction of flood-resistant features in buildings, etc.,
Rate this question :