Q. 144.5( 2 Votes )
What are the ill effects of the interest of the industries in the forest as a source of raw materials?
● Industries related to timber, paper, lac and sports equipment consider the forest as merely a source of raw material for their factories.
● People who run these industries are influential people and obtain raw materials of the forest very cheap.
● These industries are not interested in the sustainability of the forest in one particular area.
● For example, after cutting down all the teak trees in one area, they move to farther away.
● They do not bother about sustainable development.
Rate this question :
Management of forest and wildlife resources is a very challenging task. Why? Give any two reasons.Xam idea - Science
What is the purpose of 3R’s In the environment management programme?All In One Science
Mention one drawback of monoculture.All In One Science