What are the guid
Police plays an important role in the investigation process. He has to work in accordance with the law and Human Rights. The guidelines that the police have to follow during the investigation are as follows:
• When the complainant files complaint, the first step is to record statements of witnesses and collect various evidence related to the case.
• After this investigation, the police should be able to form a judgment.
• If he considers that the accused is guilty of the crime then accordingly he files a charge sheet in the court. Then the judge will make a judgement in the court.
• Police have to follow some rules with regards to arrest, detention and interrogation mentioned by the Supreme Court. These are known as D.K Basu guidelines.
• According to these guidelines, clear, accurate and visible name tags of their designations should be worn by the police.
• An arrest memo should be prepared during the arresting process which should include time and date of the arrest. This memo should include details of at least one witness or the family member of the arrested person. Also, the arrested person has the right to inform his family members or well-wishers.
• It is the responsibility of the police to inform the relative or family member of the arrested person if they stay outside the district, for this they should provide proper details like time, location of arrest and the venue of custody.
• During the investigation, they are not allowed to torture, beat or shoot anyone.
• Police cannot impose any form of punishment on the prisoner, not even for petty offences.
Rate this question :