Q. 14.7( 6 Votes )
What are the func
Court takes all the important decisions and tries to solve many issues. Each state of the country has the High court which functions on that particular state. Above this, there is a Supreme Court which is located in New Delhi and presided by the Chief Justice of India. The various functions of the Supreme Court of India are –
• It ensures that powers are divided among the Union and the State government as mentioned in the Constitution and are obeyed by them.
• It is the responsibility of the Supreme Court to interpret the Constitution and the laws. Thus, the laws declared by the Supreme Court have to be followed by all the courts and Tribunals.
• Supreme Court is the highest level of Court in India. It interprets the Constitution and accordingly solves the cases.
• It also serves as an advisory body by giving the opinion on any question related to law or of public importance.
• Supreme Court is the protector of the Constitution as it ensures the division of power between the Union and the States and it is their responsibility to safeguard the Fundamental Rights of the Citizen.
Rate this question :
Why do you thinkNCERT - Social and Political Life-III