Q. 15.0( 3 Votes )
What are th
In India Secularism means equal treatment of all the religions.
• The term secular was added to the Preamble of India by the 42nd Constitutional Amendment Act.
• All persons are equally entitled to freedom of conscience and freely profess and propagate religion.
• The Constitution provides freedom to the citizens to profess any religion.
• There is no national language or religion, every religion is treated equally.
• There is no dominance of one religion over another.
• The state does not interfere in practices of any religion, lest it harms or violates any rights of individual or community. The state can interfere in religious matters if it does not promote equality.
Rate this question :